Sunday, June 22, 2008

WOW - I've Just Found Global Warming in the Bible

I must confess that I am intensely frustrated at so many mega church pastors signing on to the "Evangelical Climate Initiative". Pope Al Gore clearly holds a lot of sway these days with 85 evangelical leaders jumping onto his global warming train. Let's just hope that it's a train with a carbon neutral footprint.

As an Australian living in Scandinavia, I see the prospect of global warming as a highly enticing prospect. And I am fiercely determined not to let Al Gore and all his clergy stand in the way of my dream of wearing shorts in December. I've invested heavily in this vision too and stand to make a killing. Not many people have the foresight to open a surf shop 50 miles inland from the Norwegian coast. But when the icecaps melt and the global warming really kicks in, Norway will be the new Hawaii. And when the oceans rise my surfshop will be right on the beach. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this. Of course, the Norwegians are very concerned about rising sea levels which is why they're killing so many whales to keep it low - so don't try and tell me that the Norgies don't care about the environment OK!!! But the un-inconvenient truth is that if someone shut off the power to Al Gore's house the holes in the ozone layer would close up in one fell swoop anyway.

But what about the mega church dudes crying over the environment. I mean, if there was an 11th commandment it would have to be about using bio-degradable communion cups wouldn't it. I must confess to always being a doubter when it comes to finding a biblical basis for global warming but then I stumbled upon it in the New Testament. How could I have doubted, how could I have been so wrong for so long . . .

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

We're not talking warm here - this is scorching. This is a fire that's coming, and it's unquenchably hot, and everlasting, and the only way of avoiding it is by crying out to the Savior in repentant faith.

Here's a GLOBAL WARNING to any preacher dancing with environmental causes - the Gospel of Jesus Christ is mankinds only hope so get busy preaching it - in season, out of season, and before the season of the Lord's return.

Time is running out.

2 comments:

Razz Gade said...

Amen, brother Cameron!

I am a firm believer in global warning too.

-Razz

Anonymous said...

WOW! I've just found you SuperCam!

Great to hear you're staying salty :D

While I choose to hug my anonymity on the web, you may remember a little Aussie girl married to a large, blokey character who used to drive a yellow celica..

Keep declaring the message: stay strong in the faith!